Maple Syrup Filters, Three Piece Set, One-Quart size for small batches
Filtering sap and syrup is a critical part of the sugarmaking process! It significantly reduces sugar sand (that sediment that makes syrup cloudy), gives you the best tasting syrup, and only takes a few minutes.
We've designed this three-piece filter kit for the home sugarmaker -- with smaller, more manageable filters that fit perfectly in a sieve stand so you'll have both hands free for pouring and filling. All filters have small slits in the side so you can thread a dowel through for easy handling. They are washable and reusable, and, with proper care, will last for multiple seasons. Click below for a quick video showing exactly how these filters work.
Included in this kit:
- Made in North America. Reusable, premium synthetic Three Filter Set designed for sugarmaking: (2) one-quart prefilters for collecting, cooking, and bottling and (1) heavy-duty thick filter for the final stage of bottling. Instruction Card also included.
- Washable and reusable, these filters fit perfectly on a standard sized sieve stand (not included.) Each filter has two precut slits to slip a dowel or holder through.
- These smaller, one-quart filters are more manageable for small home batches. Unlike larger filters, which are hard to handle and prone to spilling, our one-quart maple sugaring filters are perfect for safely filtering hot, boiling maple syrup.
- Removes Sugar Sand or Niter from pure maple syrup for the best clarity, taste, and appearance. Filters naturally occurring maple sap sediment and grit quickly and easily.
- Designed exclusively for Maple Tapper (these are the filters we use!) and they come with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
For more information on how to filter sap, click over to this short article. For a quick video showing the process, click below.